[climacs-devel] Re: Point - buffer or pane?

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 14:47:16 UTC 2005

I can commit this patch as soon as you and Robert agree that the following
scenario does not cause a problem:

Suppose you have two panes and two buffers (e.g., *scratch* and foo). If you
keep switching between the two buffers in both panes, you will notice that you
can't really keep two independent points to the same buffer. Instead, the point
that was last saved into buffer, when the buffer was buried in one pane, ends
up in the other pane when the same buffer is unburied in that other pane.

Alex