[climacs-devel] update-syntax and delegating buffers

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 17:45:12 UTC 2005

One thing that breaks is this piece of update-syntax:

	 (setf scan (make-instance 'standard-left-sticky-mark
		       :buffer buffer

It assumes that buffer is a standard-buffer instance and finds handy that
make-instance for marks is part of the buffer protocol. One way to do the above
with a delegating-buffer instance is to clone its low-mark, for example (whose
buffer would be the implementation buffer). (If we go this route, we'll
probably want to add another optional parameter to clone-mark, the offset.)

Alex

PS. I'll try to investigate further...