[climacs-devel] Isearch backward.

Lawrence Mitchell wencel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 17:25:26 UTC 2005

Hi there,

here's a patch which allows for isearching backwards in a buffer
as well as forward.  I'm not sure if this is a nice way to do
things, it introduces a special variable *ISEARCHING-BACKWARDS*
(which probably ought to be a buffer/pane slot instead) which we
bind to T if we're actually searching backwards.
ISEARCH-FROM-MARK then calls SEARCH-FORWARD or SEARCH-BACKWARD as
appropriate.

This way we minimise the amount of code duplication between
forward and backward search, though at the expense of making
COM-ISEARCH-FORWARD not always do what it says.