clisp can't find build-lisp-image

Michaël Cadilhac michael at cadilhac.name
Fri Mar 14 12:26:03 UTC 2014

Philippe;

Thanks for your answer!

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 11:19 PM, Philippe Brochard
<pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:

> Here is what I've done to run clfswm under ubuntu 12.04 and 13.10:
>
> sudo apt-get install git sbcl
> git clone git://common-lisp.net/projects/clfswm/clfswm.git
> cd clfswm
> make    (accept to load clx)

This failed on my system with:

> CLX not found. Do you want to download it from git://github.com/sharplispers/clx.git ? (y or n) y
>
> debugger invoked on a SB-INT:C-STRING-DECODING-ERROR in thread
> #<THREAD "initial thread" RUNNING {AAF2931}>:
>  c-string decoding error (:external-format :UTF-8):
>    the octet sequence 3 cannot be decoded.

because of an environment variable the adminsys set which had some
miscoding.  Fixing the variable, plus the line quit>exit, everything
went fine, thanks a bunch!

With the latest Git, I still have the occasional crashes with the fast
switch (a resounding CLFSWM Error: The value 3 is not of type (OR NULL
SIMPLE-VECTOR)..), and I still have the focus problems with the popup
term.  Should you need any more infos on that, I can provide them.

Happy hacking;
M.