[clfswm-devel] CLFSWM keybindings

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Tue Mar 5 16:40:39 UTC 2013

Akshay Srinivasan writes:

> Hi Philippe,

Hi,

>    I just tried out your new WM, and was rather impressed with it (the
>    nested thing is brilliant!).

Thanks :-) but it's not that new (~7 years).

> I did want to change the default modifier from Alt to Super though
> before using it for a longer time, however. I thought changing this
> would be fairly trivial, but I can't seem to find the macro for
> define-main-key in the source, is this macro defined somewhere in CLX ?

You can use the binding-substitute-modifier functions.
Add something like this in your configuration file:

(defun change-alt-modifier ()
  (binding-substitute-modifier :mod-4 :mod-1))

(add-hook *binding-hook* 'change-alt-modifier)

If you want to go deep in the code, the define-main-key macro is built
at compile time by the define-define-key macro defined in
clfswm-keys.lisp.

> Thanks,

Regards,

> Akshay