[clfswm-devel] Git and SVN working together.

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Wed Mar 12 22:25:39 UTC 2008

Xavier Maillard writes:

>    And I have setup a git repository here:
>
>      http://common-lisp.net/project/clfswm/clfswm.git/
>
> Nice !
>
>    So, now you can work on clfswm directly with git.
>
> Does this mean we can send git formatted patches directly onto
> the list now ?

Yes, I work with Git now . So git formatted patches are welcome.
Plain diff is also simple to apply.

> Do you prefer people to setup their own Git repository from which
> you would pull/fetch/whatever interesting patches ?

This is also an option and the advantage of Git.

I think both options are good.

>    Tell me if I miss something or if something goes wrong (or well :).
>
> It seems okay to me except the git log is, ahem, pretty awkward :)

They'll be trashed in one or two mounth :)

>    PS: Maybe the wiki needs to be updated.
>
> Yes it should be modified at some point but we should wait to see
> if the experience is okay for all of us.

Yes tell me if this setting is okay for everybody.

In all cases, the wiki is not already "public" in the sense that I
haven't made any announce except on the mailing list. So feel free to
modify the wiki and make test until the next official release.

Philippe

--
Philippe Brochard    <pbrochard at common-lisp.net>
                      http://hocwp.free.fr