[clfswm-devel] SVN version with clisp 2.44 ?

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Sun Mar 9 01:00:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

   > I am now trying to run clfswm (a svn checkout) with the same
   > clisp version and it does not work.

   Please, check the last svn. Clfswm works with clisp-2.44.1 and new-clx
   on my boxes.
   Tell me what's wrong on your box.

I updated my local copy with a fresh checkout of the SVN
repository and it just works now ! I think, my clisp version need
to be built again to have mit and new-clx compiled as modules as
well.

   > If not, what is the new way to build a complete clisp (2.44) with
   > mit-clx ? I saw something has changed with latest clisp version.

   I do like I said here:

     http://trac.common-lisp.net/clfswm/wiki/BuildClisp

   This way works both on my Archlinux/x86 and my Debian/ppc.
   The last svn works with both mit-clx and new-clx on this two
   machines.

Well, clfswm is not really the cullprit here. In fact, I am
pretty sure that the clisp build process has changed with latest
release breaking the way I was used to do it. Now each time I am
trying to compile clisp (latest version) on my machine, it just
fails at some point.

I need to investigate a bit deeper.

   > With SBCL, it is pretty easy; I have written a small shell script
   > that just does it but I am not a clisp expert.

   My pkgbuild for archlinux is here:

Yep, I already have red it. By the way, why don't you offer a
lisp image instead of this shell script ? This would avoid the
need to "chdir" and the user would have just a quick and simple
binary script to launch. I am sure it is quicker.

   I hope that's help and feel free to add what works for your on the
   clfswm wiki.

     http://trac.common-lisp.net/clfswm/wiki

I will. By the way, how do you edit this wiki from emacs ? Is
there something available (a mode) ?

Cheers,

	Xavier
--