[clfswm-devel] SVN version with clisp 2.44 ?

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Thu Mar 6 19:25:20 UTC 2008

Xavier Maillard writes:

> Hi,

> I am currently running stumpwm (Git version) with clisp-2.44
> without any problem.
>
> I am now trying to run clfswm (a svn checkout) with the same
> clisp version and it does not work.

Please, check the last svn. Clfswm works with clisp-2.44.1 and new-clx
on my boxes.
Tell me what's wrong on your box.

>>From what I understand, the problem could come from clisp
> compiled with the wrong clx module. Here is a "dump" from my
> clisp -K full:
>
> [1]> *FEATURES*
> (:CL-PPCRE :ASDF-INSTALL :ASDF
> :CLX-ANSI-COMMON-LISP :CLX :REGEXP :SYSCALLS :I18N :LOOP
> :COMPILER :CLOS :MOP :CLISP :ANSI-CL :COMMON-LISP :LISP=CL
> :INTERPRETER :SOCKETS :GENERIC-STREAMS :LOGICAL-PATHNAMES :SCREEN
> :GETTEXT :UNICODE :BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER :PC386 :UNIX)
>
> Is CLX the right one ?

Sadly there is no difference between a *features* with a mit-clx and a
new-clx. I think most distributions compile clisp with new-clx.

> If not, what is the new way to build a complete clisp (2.44) with
> mit-clx ? I saw something has changed with latest clisp version.

I do like I said here:

  http://trac.common-lisp.net/clfswm/wiki/BuildClisp

This way works both on my Archlinux/x86 and my Debian/ppc.
The last svn works with both mit-clx and new-clx on this two
machines.

> Second, what is the "right" way to launch clfswm using clisp ?
> Can anybody show us something simple that works ?
>
> With SBCL, it is pretty easy; I have written a small shell script
> that just does it but I am not a clisp expert.

My pkgbuild for archlinux is here:

  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/clfswm/clfswm/PKGBUILD

It compile clfswm in a share directory and create a little startup
script which load clfswm with asdf.

mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/share/clfswm-$pkgver/src
	cp -R $startdir/src/clfswm-$pkgver/* $startdir/pkg/usr/share/clfswm-$pkgver/src
	cd $startdir/pkg/usr/share/clfswm-$pkgver/src
	msg "Starting to build clisp image"
	clisp -m 4MB -E ISO-8859-1 -q -K full -i asdf.lisp -x "(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :clfswm)"

	mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/
	cat <<- EOF > $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/clfswm
#!/bin/sh

echo "Please, hit 'Alt F1' or 'Mod-1 F1' for help on clfswm."

cd /usr/share/clfswm-$pkgver/src/
clisp -m 4MB -q -q -K full -E ISO-8859-1 -i asdf.lisp -x "(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :clfswm) (setf clfswm::*have-to-compress-notify* t) (clfswm:main)"
	EOF

	chmod a+x $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/clfswm

The *have-to-compress-notify* is for the 0801 version with mit-clx.

> Thank you very much.

I hope that's help and feel free to add what works for your on the
clfswm wiki.

  http://trac.common-lisp.net/clfswm/wiki

Philippe

--