[clbuild-devel] multi-user clbuild patches [resend as ML member]

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at mailworks.org
Wed Jan 27 05:55:53 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I've been working on incorporating clbuild into clc. The plan is not to
ship clbuild with Debian, but to have an installer/wrapper program.

At the moment this works sort-of ok (I still have to do some more
testing and integration), but I've already noticed that I'll need to
have some patches done to clbuild itself. The main reason is that
clbuild assumes that it can write to the directory that it is in, which
is perfectly ok if I do stuff like "clbuild install foo", because they
will be run as a special cl-builer user.

However I had hoped to enable normal users to do "clbuild slime" or
"clbuild lisp" or even "clbuild preloaded" and friends.

This fails because for example "clbuild slime" wants to write to
$BASE/.swank-loader.lisp. I've changed this to ~/.swank-loader.lisp
without any bad effects with the attached diff.

Would you be interested in incorporating this and possible future diffs
into clbuild?

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org