[clbuild-devel] Changes for clozure on Linux

Alex Young alex at blackkettle.org
Tue Jan 26 10:33:02 UTC 2010

To get things working on 32-bit Linux with ccl without an instance
pre-installed, I had to make the attached changes. After doing a:

   $ ./clbuild update ccl

I also had to:

   $ mkdir scratch
   $ cp -a source/ccl scratch/ccl

before:

   $ CCL=`pwd`/scratch/ccl/lx86cl ./clbuild compile-implementation ccl

would work without complaining about symlinking files to themselves.
Does that look right, or did I miss something obvious? I'm a bit new to
this CL lark, so I might have had an attack of the stupids.

One thing stands out - the svn source line for ccl involves the
architecture, so obviously that part of my changes is non-optimal for
anyone else. Would a patch to help with that be appreciated? Similarly
for matching the uname -m call; I've used i686, but I'm sure there are
still people with i386 kernels around.

--
Alex