[clbuild-devel] clbuild dependencies

Leslie P. Polzer sky at viridian-project.de
Thu Jun 25 12:22:41 UTC 2009

David Lichteblau wrote:

> I think the situation is well-known to the elephant developers.

Yes, indeed.

> There is or was code in elephant that uses sb-alien, by-passing uffi in
> those functions, so it depends on the uffi API being implemented on top
> of sb-alien.

On top of the specific implementation's FFI interface to be exact.

> Last time this came up, they were hoping to rewrite that part.  I don't
> know whether that has already been worked on since then.

A full conversion to CFFI is still on the list of things to be done,
but due to personal circumstances of the developer involved it
probably won't happen this year.

Until then it would be nice to take a pragmatic approach to the
problem.

  Leslie

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/polzer