[clbuild-devel] Problem installing Weblocks

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Mon Oct 27 14:57:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

Quoting David Barker (kzar at kzar.co.uk):
> For './clbuild build md5' and './clbuild build cl-base64' I get the
> response of:
>
> "
>
> error: update was interrupted.
> Use "clbuild update --resume" to retry.  (See also "clbuild skip PROJECT").
> "

well, I seem to recall that we had a bug (and probably still have it)
where some early steps in the get_* functions silently fail.

The bug is triggered for projects where the get_* function used in the
project list changes, for example when a project moves from svn to git,
and the initial "git config" step to check for URL mismatches fails to
find the .git directory.

Unfortunately it is not always clear from the error message which
project directory the error actually comes from.

We should really (finally!) fix this so that a MISMATCH message is shown
instead of this error.

Adding a line with
  set -x
to the clbuild script can help debug this.  Can you put up that output
somewhere for us to look at?

When you find out which project directory it is, you can move it away
using "clbuild trash PROJECT".

d.