[clbuild-devel] Optional parameter for 'clbuild {prebuild,lisp}'

Albert Krewinkel krewinkel at gmx.net
Wed Nov 26 16:39:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

I compiled some changes which break backwards comparability, so I'd like
to get feedback before actually committing it as a patch:

Specifying the implementation to use by setting one of a couple of
environment variables seems a bit clumsy to me.  It would be much nicer
to specify the implementation from the command-line.

As a first step towards that, I'd like a command like
$ ./clbuild lisp ccl

to have the intended effect.  However, this would break backwards
comparability, as the current state forwards any additional command line
token directly to the implementation.

A patch implementing this (and which has an incredibly bad name) was
pushed into an experimental repo here:

http://darcs.moltkeplatz.de/clbuild

The patch also contains rudimentary support for ECL.

Comments welcome

Cheers,
Albert