[clbuild-devel] Various patches pushed

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Mon Nov 3 20:30:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

all patches from Albert's repository should now be on common-lisp.net.
Please test.

I've also applied and pushed various other patches from the list.  If I
missed any patches, please let me know (unless someone else already
submitted a similar patch and I happened to choose that one over yours).

Finally, I'd like to discuss our handling of the file `dependencies':

Perhaps my own workflow is at fault here, but I'm often getting
conflicts in that file.  So I'd like to ask contributors to submit
patches that change only the project lists themselves, and to record
`dependencies' separately (if at all).

For patches on the list, you wouldn't have to submit that `dependencies'
patch, since it usually won't apply cleanly anyway.  (Of course, when
you put up your own repository for pulling, you'd probably want to
record a `dependencies' update after applying changes.)

That way, patch "integrators" can cherry-pick project changes and
regenerate `dependencies' independently.

Thanks,
d.