[clbuild-devel] premature end of core file

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Tue Mar 4 07:10:24 UTC 2008

Quoting Rommel Martinez (ebzzry at gmail.com):
> $ clbuild run climacs
> fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 14918(tid 134656000):
> premature end of core file
[...]
> The same thing happens with other "run" commands.
> Why is this happening? What should be done to get around this?

It probably means that clbuild/monster.core is broken.  Removing that
file should make clbuild functional again.  I don't know why a broken
core file gets created for you though.

One way this can happen is when you're regularly switching between lisp
implementations.  Currently, clbuild will create a file of the same name
even when configured to use OpenMCL or clisp, and when switched back to
SBCL, can fail with such an error.

(This is all assuming you even have a clbuild/monster.core.  It could be
a message about the normal sbcl.core, of course.)

d.