[clbuild-devel] Newbie Confusion

Bryan Emrys bryan.emrys at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 07:49:31 UTC 2008

I have a few questions that indicate a lack of conceptual understanding on my part so any pointers would be appreciated.

1. Running clbuild build as root works, but if I try to run it as a normal user, I'm tripping up over git errors, specifically:

UPDATE git pull clsql
/usr/bin/git-fetch: line 108: .git/FETCH_HEAD: Permission denied

If I run git clone git://git.b9.com/xxxyyyzzz
as a stand alone git command as a normal user, it has no problems, but obviously that defeats one of the purposes of clbuild.
If I run git fetch git://git.b9.com/xxxyyyzzz
it fails with an error message that it is not a valid git directory

2. <Real newbie alert>Clbuild generates a core instance. While I can run clbuild slime [project_name] and start editing,
 I'm not clear how to that interacts with path names required by config files such as when setting the path names for
.emacs, slime, etc. I set up clbuild as a directory under home. My interpretation of the clbuild file is to  set my .emacs file as

(setq load-path "/home/clbuild/source/slime" load-path)
(setq load-path "/home/clbuild/source/slime/contrib" load-path)
(load "/home/clbuild/source/slime/slime")
(setq inferior-lisp-program "/home/clbuild")
(setq slime-use-autodoc-mode nil)
(slime-setup '(slime-fancy slime-tramp slime-asdf))
(slime)

Running this, however, generates understandable emacs errors "Cannot open load file", "/home/clbuild/source/slime/slime"
because there is no such file.The backtrace states:
progn: Cannot open load file: cl

So I'm confused on both the slime load and, probably, also how to call lisp in the .emacs file.

Thanks for any pointers.

Bryan