[clbuild-devel] bash completion

Daniel White daniel at whitehouse.id.au
Fri Dec 12 11:12:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:51:56 -0800
Albert Krewinkel <krewinkel at gmx.net> wrote:

> I've added primitive bash completion to clbuild.  To test/use it, change
> to the clbuild directory and do
> $ . clbuild-bash-completion.sh
>
> It's not much of a useful feature, but I found it to be worthwhile at
> times.  Still needs work, though.  Constructive criticsm and comments
> are welcome.

Looks good.

I literally just sat down this evening to start adding bash completion.

I have got a patch in my repository that refactors the compgen code
into a single function.

Repository located at http://darcs.whitehouse.id.au/daniel/clbuild/.

> <demo>
> $ ./clbuild <TAB> <TAB>
> --help            diff              list              slime
> --implementation  help              preloaded         uninstall
> --long-help       install           recompile         update
> check             lisp              run

A misnamed variable has broken this.  Also have a patch for this in my
repository.

> $ ./clbuild --implementation <TAB> <TAB>
> ccl    clisp  ecl    sbcl
>
> $ ./clbuild --implementation sbcl s<TAB>
> $ ./clbuild --implementation sbcl slime

I can't work out why exactly this isn't working for me.

The refactoring was an attempt to work out how to fix this.  It was a
little misguided initially as I thought I was trying to complete
projects :/

--
Daniel White