clasp next steps ? speed-up ?

Christian Schafmeister chris.schaf at verizon.net
Wed Jun 24 03:39:44 UTC 2015

Hey Markus,

You will have a better debugging experience if you use Slime.

We should talk and I’ll give you a better update as to where Clasp is wrt optimization and debugging.  It’s kind of a complex picture that is changing rapidly.  In a nutshell:

1) I’m incorporating inlining and a new compiler as we speak and this should produce a large improvement in performance.

2) The debugging experience is mixed and should be improved soon. I’m incorporating a new compiler but it generates no debugging information at the moment.  I’m adding DWARF debugging support so that we can debug using gdb or lldb.

3) On freenode there is a #clasp chatroom - could you drop in and I can update you on where things are?

Best,

.Chris.