[cl-xmpp-devel] cl-xmpp with usocket patch

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Fri Jul 11 12:08:56 UTC 2008

Quoting Erik Huelsmann (ehuels at gmail.com):
> Well, when looking at the output in the bugreport mentioned below,
> there is a difference: in the output reported by Burguz, there's an
> :EOF (end-of-stream), whereas in your bugreport I can see the XML
> processing instruction to set the xml version number. So, while the
> error looks very much alike, they may be different issues.

Yeah, that sounds like a plain end-of-file situation, where the server
closed the connection.

That's why it's not very helpful to see just the error message.  Please
show complete test code, so that errors in that code can be pointed out.

For example, the code on the web page uses DEFVAR rather than
DEFPARAMETER, meaning that a second attempt to run the same code will
actually continue to use the old *connection* value, which will usually
have died due to a timeout by then.

> > I'm not sure that this is the ultimate solution, the guys at ejabberd
> > suggest that the cl-xmpp should be handling this properly, but the patch
> > is an intermediate solution at least:
> > https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-455?focusedCommentId=17503#action_17503
>
> Thanks for the pointer!

No, as I already pointed out to Erik in PM, the git archive (and by now
presumably CVS, too) has the right fix for this.  Please ignore the
bogus ejabberd change.  I'm not aware of any remaining stream reset
issues in current cl-xmpp that would affect ejabberd.

d.