[cl-xmpp-devel] cl-xmpp with usocket patch

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 11:31:02 UTC 2008

On 7/7/08, Ryan Davis <ryan at acceleration.net> wrote:
> I would *love* to see this project get back to life.  I've been playing with
> it off and on for about a year with various levels of failure, and would
> really like a more solid base to work off than unofficial repository +
> unofficial patch.

Well, I've contacted the original author and my c-l.net account should
be set up now to include the cl-xmpp commit bit. So, we can start
working on a more lively project now.

Could you explain a bit more what it is that you're looking for from
your perspective? I mean, a more lively project has 2 components: (1)
a committer/maintainer and (2) visible/engaged users [who provide
feedback regarding what they're missing].

Does anybody here have anything they're missing, or are you just
experimenting with the library and running into problems so fast that
you're abandoning it immediately?

Regards,

Erik.

> Thanks,
> Ryan Davis
Acceleration.net
Director of Programming Services
2831 NW 41st
> street, suite B
Gainesville, FL 32606

Office: 352-335-6500 x 124
Fax:
> 352-335-6506
>

> Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> David,

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 1:22 PM, David Lichteblau
> <david at lichteblau.com> wrote:

> Quoting Burguz Omonov (burguzomo at hotmail.com):

>  (#S(CL-XMPP::SLOW-STREAM
 :TARGET #)).

> http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/cl-xmpp-devel/2007-September/000089.html
> I was looking at the mailing list archives this morning when I tried
> answer the question by Burguz. I found that you have a git
repository with a
> mirror of cl-xmpp and some fixes to adjust it to
modern cxml.

Would you
> mind me asking for the commit-bit on the project, copying
over your changes
> to the CVS repository and also committing my usocket
change. Then, I could
> create a new _lastest.tgz release file. It might
actually help the project
> get back to life (or at least I hope so!).

Anybody else here with an
> opinion on the matter? Julian seems to have
maintained the project for a
> while, however hasn't done anything for
while...

Bye,