[cl-xmpp-devel] bug?

Johann Franz jfranz at bsdprojects.net
Mon Sep 10 22:34:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 12:01:36AM +0200, David Lichteblau wrote:
> The error basically means "end of file".
>
> I do not usually work on CL-XMPP, so I do not have a username and
> password for any server to try what happens at the end of a successful
> conversation.

If you have a Jabber account already you can also use the very same
account with different priority (given you have spare time and will
of course).

> But if you get this error in AUTH, it most certainly means that you
> waited too long between CONNECT and AUTH, so the server timed out and
> closed the socket (or are using an older *connection* object, which can
> happen easily when using defvar instead of defparameter by accident).

Wish this was true, but I checked and it doesn't seem to be the problem.

> If you still get the error in any other situation, try adding this at
> the end of cl-xmpp/cxml.lisp:
>
> (in-package :xmpp)
> (defmethod runes::xstream/close ((stream slow-stream))
>   (close (slow-stream-target stream)))
>
> You will then get a CXML:WELL-FORMEDNESS-VIOLATION instead of the "no
> applicable method" error.

This gives a SIMPLE-ERROR (XML-NOT-WELL-FORMED from the server)

Well, thank you so far, David. Sorry that I can't be of any further help code-wise as I'm new to all this.

Regards,
j.