[cl-xmpp-devel] bug?

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Mon Sep 10 22:01:36 UTC 2007

Quoting Johann Franz (jfranz at bsdprojects.net):
> Seems this isn't out of the woods yet.
> With the CVS checkout I still get the error, this time with
> (xmpp:auth *connection* "username" "password" "resource")
>
> http://paste.lisp.org/display/47540

The error basically means "end of file".

I do not usually work on CL-XMPP, so I do not have a username and
password for any server to try what happens at the end of a successful
conversation.

But if you get this error in AUTH, it most certainly means that you
waited too long between CONNECT and AUTH, so the server timed out and
closed the socket (or are using an older *connection* object, which can
happen easily when using defvar instead of defparameter by accident).

If you still get the error in any other situation, try adding this at
the end of cl-xmpp/cxml.lisp:

(in-package :xmpp)
(defmethod runes::xstream/close ((stream slow-stream))
  (close (slow-stream-target stream)))

You will then get a CXML:WELL-FORMEDNESS-VIOLATION instead of the "no
applicable method" error.