[cl-xmpp-devel] All calls return connection object

Erik Enge erik.enge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 02:53:05 UTC 2005

After a little more testing and breaking out tcpdump I can see what's
going on.  The fact that I have to use tcpdump to see what's being
sent back and forth is a huge sign that I need to improve the
debugability of cl-xmpp.  I already have code which makes it easier
and I'll add this to CVS tomorrow.

Ok, so what's going on?  jabber.loglibrary.com expects SASL
authentication and does not support non-sasl authentication (as
described in JEP0078).  cl-xmpp doesn't support SASL authentication so
that's our problem, however, I'm implementing TLS and SASL support
right now and should have this working and stable within the next few
days (I may be a little short on time so give me two or three days).
I'll send an email to the mailinglist when I announce 0.6.0 which will
have all these fixes and TLS and SASL support.

Thanks,
Erik.