[cl-xmpp-devel] All calls return connection object

Erik Enge erik.enge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 02:39:49 UTC 2005

On 11/10/05, Adam Thorsen <adam.thorsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there some way I can find out what's happening?  Where the message
> is getting lost or not transmitted?  Is there a simpler test I can
> perform?

I'm sitting here with telnet sessions open with both jabber.org and
jabber.loglibrary.com and getting wildly different results using the
same queries.  I wonder what version of jabber they are running at
loglibrary.com; perhaps the new version 2?  Whatever it is it works
with Adium but clearly not with cl-xmpp so I'd like to figure out
what's going wrong.

I don't have CVS access from this machines right now but I will make
some changes to the CVS version of cl-xmpp tomorrow which will help us
debug this.  To see if you get the same problem simply call
xmpp:receive-stanza-loop after your call to xmpp:auth and you should
see a xmpp:xmpp-protocol-error.  It's saying "feature-not-implemented"
but I don't know which feature; jabber.org has no problem with the XML
we're sending it.

I'll have more tomorrow.

Thanks,
Erik.