[cl-who-devel] Heap corruption?

John Thingstad john.thingstad at chello.no
Fri Aug 3 23:51:12 UTC 2007

På Fri, 03 Aug 2007 22:11:33 +0200, skrev John Thingstad
<john.thingstad at chello.no>:

> Below is a selection of code I have written and the output it generates.
> The part that function generates a nested list of lists for a tree
> control.
> My system runs under Huchentoot. I use Lispworks under Windows.
>
> The output looks good.
> I can run it approx 10 times in a row.
> Then something fails.
> Among the errors are:
>
> 1. MySQL: 2006 - connection lost
>
> 2. MySQL: "select * from blog-header where (id = 199)"
>         selector just be one row
>
> 3. The browser dons't update at all. When I go back other pages show
> incorrect data.
>
> I have isolated it to navigate-blog, navigate-year and navigate-month
> functions.
> I tried completly rewiting it (this is the second version), but get the
> same problem.
>
> Any idea what is happening here?

Arg! The problem is actually in present-blog.
It comes from loading the css and script file for the tree control here.
That is two more file requests per page.
This must cause a race condition.
Simply removing (no-cashe) from blog-page makes sure these are loaded only
once and the problem goes away.