[cl-unification-devel] Test suite?

Pixel // pinterface pinterface at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 03:57:28 UTC 2010

"Marco Antoniotti" <marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu> asked for more tests by saying
> Dear all,
>
> the last message by Pixel calls - ultimately - for a test suite for CL-
> UNIFICATION.
>
> I usually use the simple test suite from Franz.  Anybody has a
> different suggestion?
>
> Also, I would like to see CL-UNIFICATION tests come in in order to
> make a good regression test for the library.

Moar tests attached, sah!

Mostly testing the assorted MATCH* macros.  Most of the new tests fail in an
unpatched cl-unification, and some still don't pass in my darcs repo (e.g.,
because I haven't fixed MATCH[F] yet).  Obviously, this makes the attached
tests pretty useless from the standpoint of ensuring my previous and future
patches don't break stuff that currently works, so more tests are still
definitely needed. :)

The attached patch also makes unification-tests.lisp #'load-able in both ACL
and any lisp supported by the portable version of their util.test thingy
(ptester), which makes running the test suite as easy as a C-c C-l in slime.

--
pix