[cl-typesetting-devel] Re: [cl-pdf-devel] Character encoding?

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:03:15 UTC 2008

>  But my basic point is that cl-typesetting and/or cl-pdf should know what
>  encoding the Lisp is using (i.e. how should one interpret the values
>  returned by CHAR-CODE) and should know how to map those to the numeric

the proper fix would be to refactor cl-pdf to write into binary
streams and do the character encoding itself (i'd use babel, but Marc
would prefer no external dependency). i've done that once (the branch
is still laying around on my harddrive), but after a day of work i
gave up. it produced a pdf that almost worked (the toc could display
unicode text) but i made a mistake somewhere in the process and it
produced corrupt files. as i don't know a bit about the pdf file
format, i gave up instead of debugging it.

--
 attila