[cl-typesetting-devel] leading/line-spacing and text style

Dmitriy Ivanov divanov at aha.ru
Sat Oct 6 09:20:26 UTC 2007

"Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> wrote:

|> I also suggest avoiding the heavy decoration feature via the
|> :no-typeset-decoration feature. For example:
|> |...snip...|
|>   #-no-typeset-decoration
|>   (pre-decoration :accessor pre-decoration :initarg :pre-decoration
|>    :initform nil)
|>   #-no-typeset-decoration
|>   (post-decoration :accessor post-decrationon :initarg :post-decoration
|>    :initform nil)
|
| It's ok for me. but maybe it's better to have some run
| time switch to decide on a per typesetting engine if decorations
| are  needed or not.
| Otherwise if an application has at least one document
| which uses it, the other documents will be impacted.

The before and after methods on stroke for char-boxes both use a kind of
run-time switch. Nevertheless, they are slowing down things considerably.

The only solution I can imagine is setting :no-typeset-decoration at
compile-time. It should be established only for the applications that do
need decoration. The net problem, separating binaries, i.e. fasl-files, is
easily solved with LispWorks defsystem but, AFAIK, is hardly treatable by
means of ASDF.
--
Sincerely,
Dmitriy Ivanov