[cl-typesetting-devel] fonts for example

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Sun Dec 21 22:04:49 UTC 2003

"Klaus Weidner" <kw at w-m-p.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 11:53:58AM -0500, tarvydas wrote:
> > The larger example, "ex", does not run claiming that the fonts CMTI10
and
> > CMEX10 don't exist.  I can see that they exist in the
"files-for-example"
> > directory.
> >
> > What should I do to get cl-pdf to "find" these fonts?
>
> You need to copy the contents of files-for-example/ to /tmp/.

I don't think this will work. you have to explicitely load them with
pdf:load-t1-font

> This reminds me - there should be a nicer way to handle inclusions, i.e.
> an include path, and the system should also be able to pick up files in
> locations relative to the "document". That brings up the more general
> question on a higher-level document API, for which suggestions would be
> appreciated.

Sure, but I don't think that fonts paths need to be specified in a document
description. Only font names. A better way would be to have a list of paths
to search them. Maybe a first pass to enumerate all the fonts in the system
and then a "load on demand" mechanism.

Marc