[cl-store-devel] ABCL tests

szergling senatorzergling at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 03:05:58 UTC 2007

On 11/21/07, Sean Ross <rosssd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/20/07, szergling <senatorzergling at gmail.com> wrote:
> > These patches to the 0.8 release allow us to pass all tests with a few
> > exceptions.
> >
> > These may only apply to my ABCL 0.9.9:
>
> 0.9.9? ABCL CVS seems to be 0.0.10.10.
> Are you running custom abcl patches at all?

Doh! Typo: it's 0.0.9, as given in a previous email.

> > couldn't run the large tests unless the length of lists were reduced.
> I have hashed large.1 and large.2 out for abcl.
>

> > Aside from that, I've removed redundant slot-definition-name symbol imports,
> > and added wrappers to the ABCL clos introspection code. Cheers, please
> > critique (abcl/custom.lisp especially).
> >

> looks fine. I had to change one thing thought,  It seems like
> CLASS-SLOTS wasn't present in MOP in the ABCL I am using. Is it there
> in yours?

Sorry can't check that at the moment... what about in the package
SYSTEM?

> Apart from that it is all looking great,
>
> I have 7 out of 109 tests failing (package.1 being one of them)
> All standard-object, condition and standard-class tests are now passing.
>
> The final failing tests for ABCL are (in no particulare order).
>  PACKAGE.1, CIRC.2, CIRC.5, CIRC.6,  CIRC.9, CIRC.12, CIRC.13.

If I re-evaluate dump-list, or just re-load the whole file, it starts
to work for me. Also, after that you can remove #-abcl from all
of the circ tests which has been commented out (they
run).

> I've taken a brief look at the circularity test failuresand I suspect
> it is a subtle scoping bug. Wether this is an 'undefined behaviour'
> issue or a bug in ABCL remains to be seen but I'll try take a look at
> it when I get a chance.

I tend to feel it's an ABCL bug. In my ABCL, (compile x) where x is a
function object doesn't work. So maybe this impacts on compile-file.