[Cl-store-devel] [Announce] CL-STORE 0.6

Sean Ross sdr at jhb.ucs.co.za
Thu Sep 1 12:54:26 UTC 2005

Hi All,

 CL-STORE 0.6 has been uploaded to cl.net and can be asdf-installed
 or downloaded from <http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-store/files/cl-store_0.6.tgz>.

Noteworthy Changes
-------------------

* Support has been added for the new CLISP releases which support the MOP.
* Bug fix on storing (find-class 'hash-table)
* Symbols are now checked for eq-uality when storing (see test gensym.2).
* restore-error and store-error now have error as a superclass
* String serialisation tries to keep the upgraded-array-element-type.
* Extremely long proper and dotted lists can now be restored, circular lists
   are still fairly restricted with regards to size (Reported by Alain Picard).
* Fixed type specifications for the backend class (Reported by Kilian Sprotte).
* *stored-values* and *restored-values* are no longer bound when circularity
  checking is inhibited.
* When circularity checking is inhibited an error will be signalled when
  trying to restore circular objects.
* Stored objects now have a new magic number but v0.5 files will/should still
  be restorable.

This release has been tested on
 - SBCL 0.9.3.51
 - GNU CLISP 2.34
 - CMU Common Lisp 19a-pre2
 - LispWorks Professional 4.4.5
 - Allegro CL Trial Edition 7.0

Regards,
  Sean.

--
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a
 natural  deficiency in moral fibre," he muttered to himself, "and

Confidentiality Notice: http://ucs.co.za/conf.html