[Cl-store-devel] Patch for more comprehensive handling of packages

Thomas Stenhaug thomas at src.no
Wed Feb 16 13:55:45 UTC 2005

Sean Ross wrote:

> I've applied it to cvs with a few modifications.

Great stuff!  Thanks.

> BTW, I was reading through old cmucl archives and came across a post
> from Erik Enge which said that you were writing cl-pile which has
> 'transactions and several other neat features' so I was wondering
> if you have any ideas for new features for cl-store.

What I'm trying to do is actually to replace my own serialization-code
in cl-pile with cl-store, since cl-store is more comprehensive, faster,
better tested and documented. :)

cl-pile is an implementation of the prevalance [1] idea, with some MOP
extensions for giving classes, objects and slots things like title,
description, creation-date etc.

If the experiment of using cl-store for the serialization-layer, I'll
try to seperate out the prevalence-parts of it, and let you look at it,
to see if it's of interest.

----
[1] http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wa-objprev/