[Cl-store-devel] Patch for more comprehensive handling of packages

Sean Ross sdr at jhb.ucs.co.za
Wed Feb 16 13:27:21 UTC 2005

Thomas Stenhaug <thomas at src.no> writes:

> I make and manipulate packages at runtime, so I needed to serialize
> and deserialize their state.  That's what the patch is for.
>
> cl-store is great stuff, btw. :)
>

> Thomas

Hi,

 Thanks for the patch.

 I've applied it to cvs with a few modifications. The gist of the
 patch is the same but I've changed external-symbols and internal-symbols
 to return a vector since lispworks can choke when restoring large lists,
 internal-symbols is also a little more choosy and will ignore internal
 symbols which came from packages on it's use list. I also added
 package-shadowing-symbols to the stored values.

 The last change was a variable which determines whether to store
 the packages on the use list as full packages or as a package-name.

 BTW, I was reading through old cmucl archives and came across a post
 from Erik Enge which said that you were writing cl-pile which has
 'transactions and several other neat features' so I was wondering
 if you have any ideas for new features for cl-store.

- Sean

--
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a
 natural  deficiency in moral fibre," he muttered to himself, "and