[cl-sockets-devel] wsdl parsing

Utz-Uwe Haus haus+cl-soap at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Oct 29 21:20:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 06:08:57PM +0000, Christophe Rhodes wrote:
> I'm afraid it doesn't seem to help me.

Sorry to see that.

> Firstly, I had to alter a couple of things in your patch to s-xml to
> get it to compile:

Thanks. ACL does not check declarations as much as SBCL, and I must have
mixed some things up there.

> * The previously-working hand-built call to soap-call:
>
> (let ((ns "http://tempuri.org/adb.xsd"))
>   (s-xml:register-namespace ns "adb" :adb)
>   (let ((xmethods (make-soap-end-point "http://gibbons.doc.gold.ac.uk:20703")))
>     (soap-call xmethods nil `((adb::|status| :|xmlns:adb| ,ns) (:|dbName| "/tmp/foodb")))))
>
> gives an infinite recursion; a section of the backtrace is
>
>  14: (S-XML::DEDUCE-NAMESPACE-FROM-NAMESPACE-ENTRY
>       "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
>       "SOAP-ENV"
>       :ALL)
>  15: (S-XML::FIND-NAMESPACE-IN-MAP
>       "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
>       "SOAP-ENV"
>       #<unavailable argument>)

I'll look into that. Apparently your namespace registration did not
make it into the namespace map properly. When I last looked at that in
s-xml I had to make some seemingly reasonable assumptions because there
was (is?) no proper namespace map support. Maybe one of those failed.

> * trying to call the service automatically from the wsdl,
>
> (wsdl-soap-call "http://omras2.doc.gold.ac.uk/adb.wsdl" "status" :input `("status" ("dbName" "/tmp/foodb")))
>
> gives a type error in BIND-XSD-TEMPLATE:
>
>   The value (LAMBDA () :STRING) is not of type (OR FUNCTION SYMBOL).
>
> and the backtrace there is

actually looking pretty reasonable.

I'll see what I can do,

Utz

Utz-Uwe Haus                               haus at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Inst. f. Mathemat. Optim.                                    utz at uuhaus.de
Uni Magdeburg                    PGP keys  1024/6AD23BE1 and 2048/5D0B72A1
GERMANY                          available via keyservers or email request