[cl-rdbms-devel] Convenience over extensibility? Or: How to build on top of hu.dwim.rdbms?

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:56:35 UTC 2010

>>we stick to long names (and use fuzzy completion in slime).
>
> I will try this fuzzy completion thing but I'm sceptical. Shorter names may
> still give you an advantage when
> it comes to reading code. :)

i suggest a bit more meditation on this. and if you still haven't
changed your mind, then run experiments that include returning to code
you wrote several months/years ago... :)

sometimes it happens that i accidentally implement something twice
because of patch organization problems and/or not having an unlimited
memory. to my delight, i more often than not name stuff exactly the
same way in both implementations which are quite distant in time.

it also means that when i happen to look for something, i'll grep for
at least a part of the name i would give it. this strategy usually
very cheaply gets me to what i'm looking for. even years later...

all in all, having long and descriptive names is not a question for me
anymore, especially with slime's fuzzy completion.

> Just want to add that I'm grateful for your software, thank you.

we're glad you find it useful!

--
 attila