[cl-ppcre-devel] New CL-UNICODE release 0.1.1

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Jul 24 19:44:33 UTC 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:09:51 +0100, "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/7/24 Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de>:
>
>> I think you are confused.  In Lisp, characters and strings are really
>> characters and strings.
>
>>  CL-USER 6 > (char-name **)
>>  "Latin-Small-Letter-A-With-Diaeresis"
>
> Sorry ** doesn't look like u00e4

Get a good book about Common Lisp and come back once you've understood
the basic issues.

  http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/v__stst_.htm

> I don't want to convert, I want to read utf-8 from a file, work in
> 'characters', build them into strings and write them back to file,
> in utf-8

Sigh...

> seems we have a different definition of 'working'.

Humor me - please give me a short description what I need to change to
make UTF-8 "the natural encoding" of CL-PPCRE.  I'm really looking
forward to that.