[cl-ppcre-devel] define-parse-tree-synonym

Igor Plekhov penguin at ocean.vvo.ru
Tue Oct 11 22:54:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct, 2005 at 08:55:52 +0200, Edi Weitz wrote:

> > I have searched Google...  It is certainly a bug in CMUCL :-(
>
> Too bad.  Do you have a URL?  Will they fix it?

Here are similar problems:
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/da096a2268700b57/87d0b29b4fe81ee%2387d0b29b4fe81ee?sa=X&oi=groupsr&start=1&num=3

> > As a workaround it can be written as:
> > (defparameter a-z '(:char-class (:range #\a #\z) (:range #\a #\z)))
> > (defparameter a-z* `(:greedy-repetition 0 nil ,a-z))
> >
> > (defun ascii-char-tester (string)
> >   (scan `(:sequence :start-anchor ,a-z* :end-anchor)
> >         string))
>
> But that way you'll lose the constantness of the regular expression so
> CL-PPCRE won't be able to use the compiler macros to pre-compile the
> regular expression.  (Just in case you're concerned about
> performance.)

In that case will CL-PPCRE ever compile regular expression (at
evaluation time for example)?  If it will, at which time?  Will it,
if I change defparameter to defconstant?

--
Registered Linux User #124759