[cl-ppcre-devel] (no subject)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Apr 18 18:04:04 UTC 2004

Hi!

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:27:22 -0400, Randall Randall <randall at randallsquared.com> wrote:

> I'm new to lisp and new to cl-ppcre.

Welcome! I hope you'll have fun.

> After building cl-ppcre, every time I start lisp, even if I don't
> explicitly load cl-ppcre.ppcf,

What's cl-ppcre.ppcf?

> I get ~150 lines of:
>
> ; Compiling LAMBDA
> (PCL::.PV-CELL. PCL::.NEXT-METHOD-CALL. CONDITIONS::X):
> ; Compiling Top-Level Form:
>
> before a lisp prompt.  Is this usual?

No.

> Of course, in production it won't matter, since I'll only very
> occasionally be restarting, but it's surprising and I wonder if it
> might be indicative of an actual problem with the build or install
> or something?

Might be. But before I can say anything I need more details. Which
version of CL-PPCRE? Which Lisp? (From the messages above I'd guess
it's CMUCL or SBCL but who knows...) Which version of the compiler?
Which operating system?  How did you obtain and build CL-PPCRE?
Manually? Using ASDF-INSTALL? Or did you use tools provided by your OS
distribution like apt-get on Debian or the Ports system on FreeBSD?

Cheers,
Edi.