[cl-plus-ssl-devel] CL+SSL and stream-write-sequence

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 19 11:27:47 UTC 2013

19.03.2013, 15:06, "Hans Hübner" <hans.huebner at gmail.com>:
> Anton,
> I'm looking at the code now and it appears that the type checks for simple-array are not needed.  Data is copied from and to the sequences using b/v-replace, which is a wrapper around cl:replace which is not restricted with respect to the sequence type that it wants to operate on.  There is a CLISP specific version that uses some FFI shortcuts, but rather than burdening all other implementations with extra code, I'd propose to just remove the special b/v-replace implementation for CLISP and use cl:replace there, too.
>
> Am I missing something?

I don't know exactly, this code is not authored by me.

The b/v-replace function copies between normal sequence and
buffer created by

  (defun make-buffer (size)
    (cffi-sys:%foreign-alloc size)) ;; it's the CLISP version of the make-buffer

It may be that cl:replace can't work with such buffere on CLISP?

Current version of CLISP support originated in 2007-07-07 from here:  http://code.kepibu.org/cl+ssl/

This question need to be studied more.

Best regards,
- Anton