[cl-plus-ssl-devel] having trouble with cvs version on clisp-2.46

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 11 20:46:10 UTC 2008

on Thursday, September 11, 2008, 8:48:35 AM Ram wrote:

> Hi,

> I am trying to load cl+ssl and I am getting an
> error from clisp. This is the part that I captured:

> READ from #1=#<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER
>      #P"/mnt/maple/bulk/src/LISP/cl+ssl/streams.lisp" @168>: After #\#
> is #\$ an undefined dispatch macro character
>    [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-READER-ERROR]

> Is this something I am doing wrong? I'm pretty new to lisp
> so I may have missed something simple.

Hello Ram.

You are not doing anything wrong, but unfortunately cl+ssl does not
compile with clisp as is.

To fix it just go to the streams.lisp file and comment out the following
code on the lines 166-168:

  #+clozure-common-lisp
  (defun install-nonblock-flag (fd)
    (ccl::fd-set-flags fd (logior (ccl::fd-get-flags fd) #$O_NONBLOCK)))

The error was caused by #$O_NONBLOCK. I wonder, is an error
in clisp or in cl+ssl, from standard point of view...

Best regards,
-Anton