[Cl-perec-devel] Announce new cl-perec

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 08:59:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Saurabh Nanda <saurabhnanda at gmail.com> wrote:
> This may be off-topic, but I'm writing in to confirm whether cl-perec
>  will be able to support more than Postgres now?  I had tried
>  installing cl-perec some time back, but gave up due to multiple errors
>  and non-standard dependencies.
>
>  Anyways, this seems like an interesting and promising project, and I'm
>  still waiting :-)
This is not at all off topic. To tell you the truth it is very
unlikely that we are going to implement other SQL backends or port
cl-perec to other CL implementations. We are using SBCL and postgresql
at the moment and as long as they fit our needs we will not spend time
on supporting others.

On the other hand we are willing to support anybody who wants to port
cl-perec to other CL implementations and/or use different SQL
backends. cl-perec was implemented to keep protability in mind and
cl-rdbms already supports Oracle and sqlite3 to some level but
certainly not enough for all cl-perec tests to pass. (and there's
quite a few)

The patched or non standard libraries as you call them help us to go
on without reimplementing them or waiting for the owner to commit our
patches or negotiate a solution which satisfies both us and them.

Long live the distributed version control...

levy

--
There's no perfectoin