[Cl-perec-devel] Problems installing cl-perec - cannot find Package "babel"

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 14:08:27 UTC 2007

> Hm. What about asdf-install?

it lacks several key features, just like asdf.

> At least a list of the Packages one needs would be a help, even if it
> isnt complete. This trial-and-error-stuff is really annoying.
> Since I think I have all dependencies now, I will maybe try to create
> such a list, but a real developer would certainly make something more
> useful.

it's painful for the developers, too. we have our dependencies already
set up. of course if we had a tool that made the list... :)

> Hm. Ok. Now I can compile until the point when sbcl sais it doesnt
> find a class from cl-rdbms. But at least it starts compiling now, i.e.
> it should have all its dependencies.

i have the latest here and peres works fine with the postgres backend.
if the error remains, then please include it in the next mail.

hth,

--
 attila