[cl-pdf-devel] two small patches

Dave Cooper dave at genworks.com
Sat Dec 9 21:16:18 UTC 2006

> sorry for being this slow, but could you please help me in how to use
> my password?

You use the --username argument to svn, then it will prompt you for
your password if you are doing anything which modifies the repository.

You only have to give the username and password once per client
machine per repository, then they get stored for future uses.

For example, I just checked out cl-pdf, make a slight modification to
the to-do.txt, then commited rev. 121, as follows:

svn co http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/cl-pdf
cl-pdf --username dave.cooper

# [This did not prompt me for password, but it did store my name
dave.cooper for future operations on my local cl-pdf working
directory]

cd cl-pdf
# [then I edited to-do.txt]
svn commit -m"added one item to the to-do.txt"
# [Now it prompted me for my password]

So now when I do subsequent "svn update" and "svn commit" from my
local cl-pdf directory, it shouldn't prompt me for anything.

Other useful commands with svn are:

  svn status
  svnversion

These two commands do not require a connection to the repository.

 -dave

--
Dave Cooper
dave at genworks.com
248-932-2166(o), 248-330-2979(c),
1-800-731-9220(toll-free in North America)