[cl-opengl-devel] cl-opengl-devel Digest, Vol 50, Issue 2

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 23:04:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Luke Crook <luke at balooga.com> wrote:

> [perfectstorm] looks like a substantial application.

To be honest I can't evaluate that from a few screenshots.  Some
people are more savvy about making screenshots early and often than
others.

> It was built using Common
> Lisp and OpenGL. Now you know it can be done.

I really wouldn't know what was actually done... except that the
author just pointed me at the last source code distro, so now I can
check.  :-)  http://erleuchtet.org/~cupe/perfectstorm-dist.tar.gz

> Isn't that sufficient?

Compared to my original questions, I really don't think so.  It proves
that the author got started in that direction, not that he finished,
or that people generally do finish and sustain such projects.  He did
say, however, that he did something substantial with cl-opengl for a
medical engineering visualization job.  Someone else was responsible
for packaging up the Windows .exe.  So "yes," someone has done it,
which is a good thing to know.  I just can't look at those results.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every