[cl-opengl-devel] cl-glfw 0.3 with cl-opengl interoperability

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 16:20:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

On 11/01/2008, William Robinson <airbaggins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a little note to say I've released cl-glfw-0.3 which now is able to
> work with cl-opengl (as well as with its own bindings, cl-glfw-opengl).

In what ways does cl-glfw-opengl differ from cl-opengl?

> So, maybe this option apart from SDL (with its custom application
> entry-point issues) and GLUT (for when you get stuck in a main loop)
> will be appealing to some.

This is very interesting. GLUT sucks a lot. Hopefully, GLFW's error
handling is better and doesn't call exit() on errors like failing to
open an X display, as GLUT does. It does seem very GLUT-like though.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/