[cl-opengl-devel] Patch for 2d mipmap generation and more mouse buttons

Johann Korndoerfer cupe-clopengl at erleuchtet.org
Wed Feb 13 01:48:18 UTC 2008

> Are you sure your system is configured to use freeglut?

yes, i am definitely using the libglut-3.8.0.so of freeglut-2.4.0 (at
least that is what lsof tells me).

> Second are you using cl-opengl-thomas?

yep, like everybody else, i guess. actually i didn't test the patch
against the main branch. maybe i should have said so in my initial post :)

> I queried my mice
> with xinput and the wheel is mapped to buttons 4 and 5 however  my
> system only provides the enums in the freeglut headers

is your graphics card an ati card by any chance?
maybe the proprietary nvidia driver i use is handling the mouse events
in a different way than other drivers and freeglut just passes along
what it gets? i don't know anything about the relationships of the
graphics card driver and the glu(t) and opengl libraries, so this is
just a guess. but from what i've seen of the linux ati driver so far it
wouldn't suprise me if it dropped all but the first three of the mouse
buttons.