[cl-opengl-devel] Patch for 2d mipmap generation and more mouse buttons

Charlie McMackin charliemac+cl-opengl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 23:00:20 UTC 2008

> i use opengl 2.1.1 on linux with freeglut 2.4.0.
> the new enums are not to be found in my freeglut_std.h along with the
> other ones, which makes it kind of odd that they work for me. sdl uses
> buttons 4 and 5 as wheel-up/down, too, which is why i tried this in the
> first place. they seem not to be "officially" supported on windows
> either as there is a patch for a windows port of glut to make it
> mousewheel-aware at all at http://www.realmtech.net/opengl/glut.php ,
> providing the very same enums.

This is interesting. Are you sure your system is configured to use
freeglut? I ask only because the windows glut you link to is
definitely not freeglut. My freeglut-2.4.0 provides a libglut-3.8.0.so
lib file. Second are you using cl-opengl-thomas? I queried my mice
with xinput and the wheel is mapped to buttons 4 and 5 however  my
system only provides the enums in the freeglut headers

charlie mac