[cl-opengl-devel] Issues on windows + ecl

Deepankar Sharma deepankar.sharma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 19:36:52 UTC 2008

I have successfully used cl-opengl on linux+sbcl for some time. I am now
trying to replicate this on windows since I am interested in creating
executables for windows users. For this setup I am trying to use ecl. I am
running into some issues with interface.lisp in cl-glut. For some reason
even though there is a shadow statement for close and special , I get this
when i try to load cl-glut-examples

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The symbol CLOSE is bound to an ordinary function and is not a valid name
for a generic function
Broken at SI:BYTECODES.Available restarts:
1. (TRY-RECOMPILING) Recompile interface and try loading it again
2. (RETRY) Retry performing #<ASDF:LOAD-OP NIL 43586496> on
#<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "interface" "cl-glut" 325685
68>.
3. (ACCEPT) Continue, treating #<ASDF:LOAD-OP NIL 43586496> on
#<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "interface" "cl-glut" 325
68568> as having been successful.
Broken at SI:BYTECODES.
CL-GLUT>>

Any workarounds for this ? Has anyone used cl-opengl successfully with ecl ?

Thanks,
Deepankar