[cl-opengl-devel] ATI + OpenGL 2.0

Bart Botta 00003b at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 03:55:26 UTC 2007

On 2/13/07, Charlie McMackin <charliemac+cl-opengl at gmail.com> wrote:

> However there is no glx-get-process-address function. Bart's approach
> uses the glut library to get the equivalent (at least on linux). I
> think it might be nice to have a glx-get-process-address implemented
> if just to avoid loading cl-glut for those who don't want to load it.

My code is configurable to use any function that can translate from a
string to a function pointer, it just uses GLUT in the examples since
that's what the examples use. I've used it with lispbuilder-sdl, and
it should work directly with the glx,wgl, etc. functions as well if
you add a defcfun for them.
To use another function, just do
(setf cl-opengl-bindings::*gl-get-proc-address* #'foo-get-proc-address)
at some point after loading cl-opengl and before you try to use any
functions from an extension or from GL version>1.1.

--
Bart