[cl-opengl-devel] ATI + OpenGL 2.0

Charlie McMackin charliemac+cl-opengl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 00:15:12 UTC 2007

Hi Greg,

I don't know if you've checked out Bart Botta's cl-opengl
modifications, but it is further along with generated OpenGL bindings.
His changes have been out there for a while but I've seen no word, yay
or nay, about merging them into the main tree so it should still be
treated as experimental. But all of the examples do work on my ati
mobility 9600. If you don't like the changes, it still could be used
for ideas of one way to address the get-process-address issue.

However there is no glx-get-process-address function. Bart's approach
uses the glut library to get the equivalent (at least on linux). I
think it might be nice to have a glx-get-process-address implemented
if just to avoid loading cl-glut for those who don't want to load it.

This is all from a fellow user, not a main dev so take it with a
scrutinous eye. Here are links to the relevant posts by Bart:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.cl-opengl.devel/68/
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.cl-opengl.devel/63/

charlie mac